The smell of autumn is in the air!
As the nights draw in and summer begins to slowly wane you can sense the season of fall on the breeze.
Summer has been a glorious season for us, full of energetic whirlwinds, long sunny days and a flow of creativity over the last couple of weeks.
As we drift out of Leo season though, we head into the season of Virgo and this is a welcomed energy. It is time for grounding our dreams into reality, taking stock of our daily routines and checking in with our self-care rituals.
Virgo is all about healing and stability which is perfect for helping us to transition out of summer into autumn. It is time now to re-evaluate our daily regimes, to bring a sense of structure and order to the creative chaos that the long days of summer create.
Take some time over the next couple of days to sit in stillness and think about how you can bring more routine into your daily life.
How can you take more time for self-care and be more calm and collected so that you can feel healthy and strong inside and out before the cooler months arrive.
Autumn is my favourite season and brings with it the most vibrant colours, heart-warming foods and sensuous smells. So lets get you in a good routine, grounded and strong so that you can enjoy all of the richness this next season has to offer!
Affirmation: “I am calm. I am grounded. I am peaceful.”
Anchoring both feet into the earth, standing tall and strong, silently or out loud recite this affirmation each morning from the heart.
As the autumn winds start to blow in you can stand firmly in your power and head into your day from a calm and collected place.
Aroma: Oils for Virgo
The energy this month is all about grounding, stability, healing and healthy habits and theres one oil that can cover all of these… frankincense!
This has to be one of my most favourite oils as it has got your back with most things. I love to use frankincense to help ground my energy in a few ways:
1) Massage into the soles of your feet. This is great before bed to assist a restful nights sleep.
2) Diffuse in the home to bring a sense of calm.
3) Place a drop to the third eye before meditation or savasana.
Frankincense is great for your skin too. Add a drop into your moisturiser daily and it will smooth out any wrinkles.
If ever in doubt… get the frank out!
Practice: Earth Breathing
There is nothing more grounding or soothing for the soul than simply breathing with our earth. More than ever she really needs to feel you now too.
1) Simply sit or stand in a comfortable position (even better outdoors).
2) Feel your body connect to the earth and feel her holding you.
3) Tune into your body and feel the breath. Breathing from the belly, allow the breath to become slow and deep.
4) As you exhale, begin to imagine roots from the soles of your feet growing down into the earth, anchoring you in the here and now.
5) As you inhale, reverse the flow of energy and as you breathe in feel yourself drawing the earths grounding and calming energy into your body. Feeding and nourishing you through your roots.
6) Take as long as you need here. Calming and restoring your bodies nervous system, allowing all stress, anxiety and tension to dissolve.
7) Come back to this place anytime you need to feel rooted, calm and focussed.
Remember; Mother Earth is with you ALL the time, just be still and breathe with her. She will always hold you.
Relax & enjoy!
Words of Wisdom:
“Get yourself grounded and you can navigate even the stormiest roads in peace.”
I hope this little dose of love inspires your practice today and for the month ahead.